Where is my SCD?


Q: Where can I find my amount of credible service, or time that counts toward my retirement?

A: Your service computation date (SCD) will be shown on your leave and earnings statement. It reflects all your federal service that is creditable. Because some service is never creditable, and some is creditable only with the payment of a deposit or redeposit of retirement contributions, you’ll have to look in your official personnel folder (OFP) and talk with someone in your personnel office if any of your time in service isn’t included in your SCD.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


    • According to OPM, “You have several SCDs. For example, your SCD Leave appears on every SF 50 (Notification of Personnel Action) in Block 31. Its service that is creditable for leave accrual purposes, such as advancing to the next leave category. Your SCD Retirement reflects service that is creditable toward your eligibility to retire. Generally, SCD Leave and SCD Retirement are the same unless you are retired military. If you are a military retiree, consult with your human resource (HR) office to determine your SCD Retirement. Your estimate will use the assumption that you will make a deposit to receive credit for any military service. If you are not retired military, use the SCD from Block 31 on a recent SF 50.”

Leave A Reply