Creditable service


Q: Where can I find my amount of credible service or time that counts toward my retirement?

A: Your service computation date will be shown on your leave and earnings statement. It reflects your creditable federal service. Since some service is never creditable, and some is creditable only with the payment of a deposit or redeposit of retirement contributions, you’ll have to look in your official personnel folder and talk with someone in your personnel office if any of that service isn’t included in your SCD.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply