Leaving service


Q: I am a Senior Executive Service member and will be eligible to retire under FERS/Law Enforcement Retirement in December 2012. However, my family would like to move from the Washington D.C. area prior to that time. Can I apply my accrued Annual Leave to leave earlier? I will have approximately two to three months of annual leave to apply.

A: There is no provision in law or regulation that would allow you to do that.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply