FEHB carry-over


Q: If carried under your spouse who is a non-federal employee and she retires, the federally-employed spouse is eligible to elect FEHB coverage due to this loss in coverage because of the retirement of his spouse.  Will he have to work an additional five years to be able to take the FEHB into retirement?

A: Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply