VSIP eligibility


Q. I have 37 years of civil service and am 60 years old. If I am offered a Voluntary Early Retirement Authority/Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay and I accept it, can my supervisor or higher-ups deny it or stop it from going through? And does my supervisor have to approve it?

A. If your agency offers you a VERA/VSIP, you can accept it. Your supervisor has no say in the matter.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply