Special retirement supplement calculation


Q. I have 28 years of service with the Internal Revenue Service. I would like to know the percentage rate of special retirement supplement if I retire at age 56. My date of birth is Feb. 23, 1963.

A. Because you’d be retiring under the MRA+10 provision, you wouldn’t be entitled to the special retirement supplement.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply