Switching back to CSRS


Q. Can I switch back to CSRS from FERS? I was switched from CSRS to FERS when the plan was first implemented and I had two years of government service.

A. No, you can’t switch back to CSRS. By law, you were automatically switched to FERS because you had fewer than five years of CSRS service when FERS became effective Jan. 1, 1987.


About Author

Leave A Reply