SF-50s in personnel record


Q. I am planning to retire in January. I recently reviewed my official personnel folder and discovered that a few SF-50s are missing from the file. Will this cause a problem with the Office of Personnel Management?

A. As long as those SF-50s document routine actions, such as a within grade increase or a move from one unit to another, it should have no effect on your retirement. However, if one or more of them documents breaks in service, you’ll need to ask your personnel office to track those forms down or re-create them. On the other hand, the financial information needed to create your high-3 will come from your payroll office.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply