1.1 percent calculation at 62


Q. When do you get the 1.1 percent calculation? I will turn 62 in January 2016. If I retire in February of that year, would I get the 1.1 percent, or would I have to finish out that year?

A. To have the higher multiplier used to calculate your FERS annuity, you must be at least age 62 and have 20 years or more of service. It doesn’t matter what time of year you reach the 62/20 combination.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply