Q. I’m a civil service employee. Is there a website where I can find out what my current high-3 amount is? I’ve read that high-3 is calculated using your highest 78 consecutive weeks of earnings. But, I’ve also read that it’s calculated using the highest three years. Is the high-3 calculated with earnings from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31? Or can it be any 78 consecutive weeks with no specific starting time — for example, May 2010 to May 2013?

A. There isn’t a website where you can find out what your high-3 is. Your high-3 is based on your highest three consecutive years (78 pay periods) of average basic pay. It doesn’t matter when they occur in your career.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply