Retirement funds owed?


Q. I left the post office in 2002 after 15 years of service and believe there may be money owed to me that was left in my retirement that I never collected. How do I go about finding out if there is in fact money that is due to me?

A. If you didn’t ask for a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you can do so now. Go to, download a copy of the form, fill it in, and send it to OPM.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply