Special retirement supplement


Q. I’m a FERS retiree who is receiving the special retirement supplement. Is it true that if I did nothing at age 62 that the special retirement supplement would stop and all I’d get is my FERS annuity?

READ: TSP participation hits record high, $451 billion in funds

A. Yes, it’s true. You have to apply for a Social Security benefit to receive it.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


    • If you are CSRS retiree, your disability annuity will continue. If you are a FERS retiree, at age 62 your disability annuity will be converted to a regular annuity.

Leave A Reply