FERCCA settlement


Q: I received a packet from the Office of Personnel Management on April 6, 2006. They informed me I was eligible for relief under the Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Correction Act. I transferred from the Army as a GS-7 to the U.S. Postal Service. Do you know anyone at the Office of Personnel Management I can contact about the getting USPS to make the settlement; they seem to be dragging their feet in this matter? I had planned to retire in December, but I do want this matter settled before do.

A: I can’t give you a name but I can give you the phone number of the FERCCA hot line, where someone will be available to answer your questions: 888-689-3233. You can call Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

— Reg Jones


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply