Retiree stimulus tax credit


Q: Because I’m a retiree who isn’t receiving Social Security benefits, I didn’t get the $250 included in the Economic Stimulus tax credit package. I’ve heard that I can get it when I file my income tax for 2009. How do I do that?

A: You’ll need to complete Schedule M and then enter the dollar figure you come up with on line 14 on either line 63 of form 1040, line 40 of form 1040A or line 60 of form 1040NR.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply