What's up with FERS Redeposit?


Q: I’ve been trying to find details on the new Federal Employees Retirement System Redeposit, but have had no luck. Do you have any details?

A: The Office of Personnel Management is still working up guidance and revising the application form. If you are retiring in the near future, OPM will tell you now how much you owe and let you make the redeposit before they finish processing your retirement application. If you aren’t retiring soon and are simply eager to get the paperwork moving, you can fill out a copy of the current Standard Form 3107, Application for Immediate Retirement, and send it to OPM. Your personnel office has copies, or you can download one by going to http://www.opm.gov and clicking on Forms.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply