Creditable service


Q: Can you tell me how many years I have of Creditable Service? I am a FERS employee. I have also paid back about eight years of active duty Air Force.

A: Write down the amount of time you have worked under FERS. Then write down the amount of active duty service for which you made a deposit. Add the two figures together and you’ll have the total amount of your creditable service.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply