Correcting retirement annuity


Q: I learned in 2008 that my disability retirement annuity is wrong because my Preliminary and Final SF 2806 forms were prepared by a state-funded agency rather than my former employer. I was an Army Department employee. I have provided extensive evidence to OPM, however, they have refused to correct my annuity or explain why a state-funded agency prepared my separation documents, why they don’t match the personnel action forms prepared by my former employer, and why my last day in pay status was provided to OPM by the state-funded agency two months after I was separated. I have been unable to find any government agency with oversight over OPM.

A: There is no agency that has oversight over OPM. That oversight is provided by the Administration and Congress, either through its committees or the Government Accountability Office. You might want to direct your concerns to them.


About Author

Leave A Reply