Contractor time toward civil service?


Q: I’m retired Army chief warrant officer 3 and worked 13 years as an Army contractor. I’ve been in civil service for nine months as a logistics management specialist. Can my 13 years of contracting time in a job similar to what I do presently be counted toward pay and leave time for the civil service? If so, what forms do I need to submit? I am getting conflicting information.

A: No, it can’t.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply