VA disabilty and FERS


Q. I was medically retired from the Army with a permanent disability in 1983.  I receive a service-connected disability payment from the VA.  I started a career with the federal government in 1984, and I am now eligible to retire under FERS.  Will I be able to receive my VA disability and a FERS retirement?

A. Yes



About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply