Applying for annuity long after retirement


Q: If someone who is eligible for an immediate retirement annuity chooses to simply quit federal employment and submit for the annuity at a later time, where does that person apply for the annuity?

A: You can apply on your own. Just go to the Office of Personnel Management website and click on Find Form(s). Fill out an SF 2801 (Civil Service Retirement System) or SF 3107 (Federal Employees Retirement System). After you’re done, print a copy and send it to the following address: Office of Personnel Management, Retirement Operations Center, PO Box 45, Boyers, PA 16017-0045 and mark it “Attn: Application for Immediate Retirement.”


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply