Special retirement supplement


Q. I am a federal military technician with 30 years of service and I am looking to retire at age 56. If I retire, do I get a FERS retirement and the special retirement supplement  in two separate checks?

A. The special retirement supplement will be included in your annuity check. However, you won’t receive it while you are in interim pay. When your retirement application is finally adjudicated, you will receive a lump sum SRS payment along with any underpayment of your annuity. From that point forward,  the SRS and your annuity will be included in a single monthly payment.


About Author

Leave A Reply