Special Retirement Supplement


Q. If Congress moves to increase the eligibility age to receive Social Security, say from 67 to 70, could that have an effect on the age a retiree could receive the SRS?

A. I’ve put your question in my Currently Unanswerable file. If there’s a change in the law that provides an answer, you’ll probably get the news as fast as I will.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply