FERS deferred retirement


Q. I  separated from federal service 11 years ago with 19 years covered under the FERS program.  I have requested my separation papers and have not been able to determine if I am eligible for a deferred annuity.  Is there a way I can check to see if I received my retirement funds upon separation or if I am still eligible for a deferred benefit?

A.  Send your request for information to:
Retirement Operations Division
P.O. Box 45
Boyers. PA 16017-0045
Be sure to include as much information as you can, e.g, your full name, date of birth, Social Security number, agency and activity for which you worked, and the years you worked there.

About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply