Law enforcement retirement


Q. I have been offered a job with a state agency.  I am two months shy of my 50th birthday and have 22 years in  a covered law enforcement position under FERS.  Can I take leave without pay or annual leave for the last two months and start the new job during that time?

A. That’s entirely up to your agency. You can ask, but they have no obligation to agree to your request.


About Author

Leave A Reply