Unemployment benefits


Q. I am a full-time Air National Guard technician. I have decided to retire from the military after 22 years of service. I have only 10 years as a full-time federal technician under the FERS system. In order for me to keep my full-time position, I must be in the Air National Guard. After my military retirement, I will have to resign my full-time position. Will I be eligible for unemployment benefits?

A. The rules for unemployment compensation vary from state to state. You’ll have to check with your own state’s unemployment office.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply