Retirement Portability Act


Q: I left a Federal Reserve bank for a position in the federal government. Public Law No: 106-168 permits former Federal Reserve bank employees to receive credit in FERS if a former bank worker becomes a federal employee. Am I eligible to receive service credit for retirement in FERS for my years of service at a Federal Reserve bank? Or must my service have been with the Federal Reserve Board of Governors to qualify?

A: You would have had to be an employee of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors to qualify.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply