Federal employment and Social Security


Q. I withdrew my accumulated retirement money when I left my state ($3,000) and federal ($18,000) jobs in 1978 and 1992. I will not receive any government pensions. Will my being a previous state and or federal employee affect the amount of my Social Security benefit?

A. No.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply