Transferring leave


Q: My husband is retired military (10-percent disabled) and works for the postal service. If he were to apply for a GS position, and be selected, would his time (14 years) and sick/annual leave transfer over to the GS position?

A: Yes, his years of service and annual- and sick-leave balances would transfer to his new position.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply