Eligibility for unemployment


Q: I am retired military with 29 years of service on April 1, 2010. I have been employed in the Defense Department lab demo program since April 12, 2010. Have an SCD leave date of Dec. 13, 1990, SCD Civ of April 4, 2010 and SCD RIF of April 12, 2010. If given a notice of involuntary separation by my agency, will I be eligible for unemployment? Where can I find more details?

A: You’ll have to check with your state unemployment office.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply