CSRS retirement — lump-sum payment


Q. I work for the Postal Service and am eligible to retire later this year. Can I request to receive a lump-sum payment of my retirement contributions and still receive my monthly annuity?  How would a lump-sum payment affect my monthly payment?

A. No, you can’t receive a refund of your retirement contributions.



About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply