Annual leave payout


Q. I am a 20+year Postal Service employee. I had an on-the-job injury and have been on leave without pay and receiving workers’ compensation for two years. Recently, I was separated from the Postal Service due to being on the Office of Workers’ Compensation Program rolls for more than a year. My last pay stub shows I have 190 hours of annual leave. Should I be paid for this now that I’ve been separated?

A. Yes, you are entitled to a lump-sum payment from your former agency.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply