Special retirement supplement


Q. I am a FERS employee with 26 years, four months service. I am 51 years, two months old. My place of work is experiencing a restructure/reorganization and is offering VERA/VSIP. Will I be able to get the special retirement supplement when I am at the minimum retirement age? I have a Thrift Savings Plan account and was looking at a lump sum from that.

A. Yes, you will be eligible to receive the special retirement supplement when you reach your MRA.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply