Q. I am 56 with 34 years of federal service, and I have just learned that my position has been declared surplus. Due to my rank in my present position in the Wage Grade series, I do not see any way they can place me into an existing vacancy. If I’m offered a Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay, will I be able to collect my full pension and the VSIP?

A. Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply