Withdrawal of basic retirement


Q. Can I withdraw my basic retirement after working for the Federal Bureau of Prisons for five years (July 2002 until August 2007)? I resigned in August 2007.

A. Yes, you can get a refund of your retirement contributions. You have to fill out a copy of Standard Form 3106, Application for Refund of Retirement Deductions, and send it to the address on the form. To download a copy of the 3106, go to www.opm.gov and click on Find Form(s).


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply