Re-employment documentation


Q. I retired from federal service after 34 years, and now am looking at possible federal re-employment. Since I don’t have my latest SF-50, will my certified 2801 for time in service suffice as adequate supporting documents when applying for a federal position as a former federal employee?

A. It would do just fine when you go for an interview. If you are hired, they’ll get your files from the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply