Work after being an air traffic controller


Q. I am an air traffic controller who will be forced to retire in one year at age 56. Are there other federal agencies I can transfer into and retain my benefits (vacation/sick leave), and even perhaps my current pay, before I reach mandatory retirement age under the FAA?

A. There may be such opportunities, but you’ll have to find them on your own. Start by going to That’s where you’ll find an inventory of positions agencies are hoping to fill. If they match your skills and abilities and meet the pay criteria you’ve set, you can apply for them.


About Author

Comments are closed.