Pension for USPS worker


Q. I received a career appointment with USPS as a letter carrier in 1977 and resigned in 1995 with 17 years’ service. Whom do I call or email for details on my reduced pension benefits? I turned 62 in October.

A. All you need to do is complete a copy of Standard Form 3107, Application for Immediate Retirement, and mail it to the address on the form. You annuity will be computed as follows: 0.01 x your highest three consecutive years of average salary x your years and full months of service.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply