Withdrawn retirement contributions


Q. I worked for the Defense Department from 1976 to 1985 under CSRS. I withdrew my contributions at that time but find in talking with an Internal Revenue Service agent about another subject that she could see a deferred annuity. Could this be from sick leave that had accrued that I would not get paid out for, or could it be from the employer match of my contributions?

A. Because you withdrew your retirement contributions when you left government, you wouldn’t be eligible for any retirement benefit.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply