Early retirement options


Q. Can I retire at 51 with 22 years of service?

A. Not unless your agency offers you that opportunity under the Voluntary Early Retirement Authority. If you aren’t offered one but still want to leave, you could resign and apply for a deferred retirement at age 60.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply