About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


  1. I had nine years of North Carolina state government employment . Can I buy back those nine years to credit toward my state service?

    • Because this is a site for federal employees and retirees, we’re aren;t able to answer your question.

Leave A Reply