VSIP eligibility


Q. My position was not listed as eligible under the last Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay round offered by the Department of Energy. I was told that, before another round of VSIP can be offered, the department must request or renew its buyout authority. How and when is this done? Where can I find a description of the process that departments must go through to request buyout authority and how eligibility lists are determined?

A. For basic information and legal and regulatory background, go to www.opm.gov/hcaaf_resource_center/assets/Tal_tool9.pdf. To learn how your agency establishes eligibility lists, you’ll have to check with your own personnel office.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply