Disability retirement


Q. I am 51 with 17 years of career service with USPS. I have become ill and cannot continue to work. Am I eligible to apply for disability retirement with the Postal Service? If so, how do I apply?

A. Yes, you are eligible to apply. You’ll need to go to your personnel office, which can guide you through the process.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply