Military and civilian retirements


Q. I am receiving a military retirement check from Army for 20 years of service. I have been a civilian civil service employee for 20 years and am eligible to retire. Can I receive another retirement check as a civilian government employee besides the military retirement check?

A. Yes, you can continue to receive your military retired pay and an annuity based solely on your civilian service.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply