Personnel records


Q. I worked as an on-call substitute clerk carrier at the Kenilworth substation at 6270 Kenilworth Ave., Riverdale, MD 20737 from June 1965 to April 1967. How can I document for my retirement?

A. If that information isn’t in your official personnel record, you’ll have to get it from the National Personnel Records Center. Go to, click on Civilian Personnel Records and follow the directions posted there.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply