Retirement benefits eligibility


Q. I worked as a letter carrier for eight years in the 1980s out of Monrovia, Calif. How do I determine if I am eligible for retirement benefits now that I am 55 years of age?

A. If you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you’d be entitled to an annuity at age 62. You could apply for it by completing a Standard Form 2801 (if you were covered by CSRS) or 3107 (if FERS). These forms are available at, click on Forms.


About Author

Leave A Reply