FEHB coverage for disabled adult child


Q. My disabled adult child is covered under my Federal Employees Health Benefits. How can I ensure that she will remain covered by FEHB after I pass on?

A. If your child was disabled before age 22, when you die, she would be entitled to a children’s annuity benefit. That would allow her to continue her FEHB coverage. If she wasn’t disabled before age 22, she would neither be entitled to an annuity nor able to continue her coverage under the FEHB.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply