When to apply for Social Security


Q. If I continue to work past my 66th birthday in March, at what point can I sign up for my full Social Security benefits?

A. You can apply three months before your 66th birthday. Because you were born in 1948, you will be entitled to a full Social Security benefit, even if you continue to work. You can apply online at www.socialsecurity.gov or by phone at 1-800-772-1213.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply