Payback for temporary service


Q. I am under CSRS, and I want to know whom to contact for the amount owed for temporary service.

A. Go to, click on Forms, and download a copy of Standard Form 2803, Application to Make Deposit or Redeposit, fill it in and send it to the Office of Personnel Management. They’ll tell you what you owe and how to make the payment.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply