CSRS account balance


Q. I left government service in 1988 to move with a military spouse and did not rejoin. I have 11 years total service. I am 56 years old. How can I obtain the balance in my CSRS account, and does interest accrue on that account?

A. Go to www.opm.gov, click on Forms, download Standard Form 2802, Application for Refund of Retirement Deductions, fill it out, and send it to OPM. They will send you a refund of your contributions. Note: No interest is paid on refunded CSRS contributions.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply