Q. I started working for the General Services Administration in October 1985. I took my three years of military time and then added it (to my GSA time. That moves me back to 1982. Can I moved under the Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act from FERS to CSRS?

A. No. Because you had fewer than five years of actual CSRS service before Jan. 1, 1987, you were automatically placed in FERS.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply